Not the end of the blog – even though I’m posting less and less over time!
The end of tetita.
Chloe doesn’t breastfeed anymore.
I don’t even have any particular memory of when she fed last. For a while she was down to one feed a day, in the early hours of the morning, and when we went to the zoo on Wednesday we had “the talk”.
It went like this (translated):
– I’d like to talk to you about something important.
– I’d like you to stop having boob.
– But I want to have boob!
– I know..
– But I like having boob! Hmm.. ok! I won’t have boob anymore!
– Thanks! I’ll have a cup of milk ready when you wake up at night then.
And the first night she didn’t even ask for it.
In fact she has only asked for it a few times since: mainly in the early morning to help her fall back asleep and once during the day after a massive meltdown:
– Are you asking for tetita because you need help calming down?
* Nods *
– You don’t have Tetitaaaaaa anymore. Shall I give you a cuddle? How about we think of something else we could do to help you calm down?
* Cuddles up *
– Do you think a book would help?
* Totally back to normal, goes to find a book *
She has told a couple of people about it, and for some reason her choice of words has been “I don’t drink milk from mami anymore”.
We had a chat before bath too (risky business!), which went kind of funny:
– Mami, I want you to go in the bath with me.
– Ok, but I need to remind you that you don’t have tetita anymore.
– Of course mami, I know I don’t have it anymore! Are you silly?
I had very mixed feelings about it all, but I suspect I had reached the point of wanting to stop a long time ago.
I’ve been more sad in the past couple of months, thinking about wanting to stop and feeling guilty for it, than actually once we stopped.
Physically I feel ok, not even full, although I’m still taking lecithin just in case I end up with a blocked duct one last time!